CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)

This morning I woke up with my heart very heavy. I am forever reminded of my weakness in "dwelling" upon the things that are heavy on my heart and not taking them to the Lord. As I began to pray about those things God reminded me of one of my favorite verses.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

I am thankful I have a mighty God who does know the plan for not only my life but for my family and friends whom I faithfully pray for.
I am thankful that a number of years ago I made the desicison to surrender my LIFE to Christ. By doing that I knew I needed to know Jesus personally. To know HIM personally I had to acknowledge that I was a sinner, Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. I needed to ask God for forgiveness of my sins, IJohn 1:9-10 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrightetousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his work is not in us. I have acknowledge my sins and asked forgiveness and understand that Romans 3:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 10:9,10&13
because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified and with the mouth one confessand is saved.
After asking Christ into my life I was changed forever. As I said at the beginning my weakness sometimes is my faith in HIM and wanting to do things myself. I am so thankful myself doesn't save me but my Lord does.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Ahhh! I'm finally back online! It was fun to catch up with you and see adorable pictures of all FOUR of your grandchildren.

By the way, I'm liking your new blog template...looks very nice!