CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2008

IT'S FEBRUARY

It's amazing how fast the year 2008 is going with January behind us. As most of you know February is a sweet month with Valentine's Day in 13 days but also it's Jessica birthday 4th and Skip's 6th and several good friends birthdays as well. It is also when Molly will be arriving. My mom will be home with the Lord 7 years on Monday and dad 6 years on the 24th. I look at those as happy times because they are in a better place!!
I have lots of news and I will begin with ME. I started training for American Greetings and really enjoyed it. I have a large section in Ingel's grocery store, Dollar Tree and Rite Aid. These 3 store will keep me busy for awhile.
I am handing this over to Audy to share HIS NEWS:
I had a good visit with a company called PSI Group Inc. which is a subsidiary of Pitney Bowes. This facility sorts large quantities of mail and prints a five or eleven digit barcode on the bottom of the envelope which is used by the Post Office to identify the zip the mail is to be sent to. They process 1 million to 1.5 million pieces of mail a day. The sorting machines, computers, printers, and packing units are what I will be repairing. The facility works 24/7 and has 3 shifts. I will be one of 5 technicians to be onsite to repair and do maintenance on the equipment. I think I will be starting on mids or 3rd shift. Looking forward to going back to work. Though the last couple of months off have been very restful and enjoyable.
His interview was at 11a.m. and when I hadn't heard from him about 1pm. I was getting rather worried. He finally called me about 1:30 to tell me he was on his way to the hospital to take a DRUG TEST for the job! I was in shock as he only had one interview! Well when he set up the interview he mentioned to the secretary that he summitted his resume on the web for the job. She hadn't gotten around to printing it out yet. For him to come in and fill out an application. They had 24 hour notice to review his reume so they knew the background and the experience he had to offer before he even walked through the door. One of the PLUS to this interview he recognized one of the printers they used and happen to mention he worked on them at his last job. The guy told him they had to "send that printer out to be repaired". The benifits are wonderful too. He will get 2 1/2 weeks paid vacation and good medical benifits. So OUR prayer warriors out there keep us in your prayers that he really does get this job. We have asked God to close doors that he doesn't want to be opened. He closed that door on that management position in Greenville. He got an email yesterday that they hired another manager for the position.

2 comments:

Hammond Family said...

Praise the Lord for providing such wonderful jobs!!

Ben and April said...

That is great news about your jobs!

In answer to your question about the video on my blog. I just pull it off of my camera just like a picture and then upload it with blogger. There is an icon that you click on to upload video. Hope that helps.