CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

South Carolina SNOW



The weatherman promised us a couple of inches of snow and this is what we woke up to. And boy am I thankful for a garage for my car otherwise I would be doing exactly what Stacey is doing! I waited until she got out to the highway on her way to work before I adventured out. I was so excited that I had to call Audy and tell me I saw a SNOW PLOW...wow we're finally moving up in our county spending for them to have bought a snow plow. People still don't know how to drive in the snow and you will see them in the ditch all along the way!
I was glad to hear that Skip was taking Jessica to work before he headed on to work. She didn't need to be driving in this weather.
Her doctors appt. went well on Tuesday. They are going to do another ultrasound in a couple of weeks and see how Molly is doing and make the plans then. Mama is still doing wonderful just a little tired. She plans on resting all weekend. Skip's work is giving them a baby shower tomorrow afternoon and that was all they were planning on doing. Their kind of resting is staying cozy in their king size bed with Lucy (golden retriever) at the foot of the bed all watching their 42" wall flat screen TV. Lucky them!
Well it seems things are moving at a snail pace but we are thankful. Audy has an interview with a company tomorrow afternoon. He's staying neutral about it because it's "another" company needing a manager. So we shall see what happens.
The owner of my possible part time job approached Audy last night to tell him he hadn't forgotten about me but he would be interested in talking with me down the road a bit. I was really happy to get that news. The company is so close to my house and great people to work with plus I would be able to keep my American Greetings job when ever I get that one. Books Are Fun will start back up in March and we will work through first few weeks in June and then close up for the summer. So if I get this other part time job it will cover the summer months.
We stepped out in faith and booked our week at the beach in Sept. We got a great deal on a house right next door to our friends AND our pool is heated at no charge. We all laughed and said, you can guess who's going to be in your pool in the evenings! During the day you don't mind the pool but in the evenings a heated pool is nice bath water!
Stacey moved in with us on Monday. She will be living with us until the end of February. She is sharing a house with a girlfriend not far from Skip and Jess. Becky found a really nice 3 bedroom house to fit both of them. Stacey told her well I am not moving out unless I get married!!! No prospects at this time but the point is she is tired of moving. Becky said the same thing. It is nice for the both of them as they have their own lives but yet good friends. She is good company to Audy and I as well.
Sandra made it down from Washington DC last night. I went in to Greenville for the day to help her setup for an indoor yard sale this weekend. She is moving the rest of her stuff into storage in DC as Pastor Gray will be Chaplin at Arlington until Feb. 2009. I sure am going to miss seeing her every few months. If Hap comes out this spring AND if Audy has any days off we are hoping to take him to DC and we have free rooming (thanks Sandra). We shall have to wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Ah Ha! You finally got some!!! I was beginning to envy your warmer weather.