CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2008

HAPPY 33 BIRTHDAY KATIE

I don't feel too old until I see that number 33. She may be 33 today but I will always think of her young at heart.
Audy called her last night and asked her to go to breakfast with him and Nana would sit with the kids. So we showed up at her house at 8 a.m. and was greeted with 3 happy children telling Papa and Nana it was "mommy's birthday!" This past week I took pictures (the ones I posted earlier) and put them in a frame for her. The kids made her a birthday card and she loved her presents.
Dawson was so upset telling me he lost his "choo choo". Of all the trains he has "Thomas is his choo choo favorite". Katie says, "mom we have looked everywhere and he's not happy". Papa says, "Dawson let's pray and ask the Lord to help us find choo choo", so we prayed together about it. Papa and mommy left for breakfast and the 3 kids and Nana were on a mission to find "choo choo". Guess what? Bryson found his "choo choo"! Why is it such a surprise when we "find" what we have prayed for?
Such a small example of how God does take care of the little things! So little faith!
We read lots of books that they had picked up at the library this past week and needless to say, I am hoarse!
Audy took Katie to her favorite restaurant called, Mimi's Cafe. They have the best breakfasts and over all yummy foods. They enjoyed their time chatting and catching up on father daughter time. I had to chuckle when Audy said, she admitted she was going to have a hard time sharing Nana with Skip and Jess because after all she's had Nana for 7 years! She is so excited about being an Aunt. She reminds me that I HAVE TO SHARE Molly time!
Tonight I have some of her close friends and family over for a "Girls Night" and we are going to sit in front of the fireplace snacking and drinking coffee and having some girl fun. I will post pic's tomorrow.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Please tell her Happy Birthday for me! I've thought about her every year on this day. It's neat to be in touch with your family again. Wish I could sip coffee by the fire with all of you tonight.

Hammond Family said...

How fun and special...and daddy / daughter breakfast. Happy birthday Katie!!!