CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 21, 2008

A COLD MONDAY

Audy just came in from taking Maggie potty and says it's 16 out there. Not a cloud in the sky just COLD crisp air. Here it is 8:30 a.m. and neither one us is to excited about getting out of our p.j.'s and venturing out in that cold! You must remember we are southerner's and this isn't the "norm" temp. for us! While most of you are drinking your hot tea or cocoa we are still drinking our southern sweet tea! burrrr...
We had a very nice weekend. On Friday I helped my friend Sandra with her indoor yard sale. It's not that she had any "junk" but you know what I mean. I was amazed with the people that were spending 20 dollars on "stuff". It motivated me to bring over some "stuff" I had laying around and we made $45.00 on Saturday! She is doing another one Thurs. Friday and Saturday.
Audy had his interview with that company. It was a duplicate of the company he left BUT larger and very professional. He is still neutral because it was just the first interview. The first meaning that jobs these days do several interviews with you before they hire you. The young man seemed interested in what Audy has to offer and he said, he would notify him in a week or so if they were going to set up a second interview.
What is so funny about this job is our best friends, Dave and Rhonda are starting a new job in a few weeks. The company is located out by our house and Rhonda will be working from home and David will be at the office by us. Well the company that Audy applied for is by their house! He'll be working in Greenville while Dave will be by us in Simpsonville! We had a good laugh about this switch!
We had some more snow on Saturday afternoon. This time it didn't stick. It was pretty as it was falling. I think it was just too wet to land. We drove around in it carefully as Saturday was our voting day. Audy went and voted. I decided to wait until the elections. These political stuff confused me and I am tired of the mud slinging and all of the clutter of signs. I will be glad when it is over. I can think of a better way to spend campaign money!
We are going into Greenville after lunch and move Stacey's heavy furniture into storage. Another week.......oh before I forget, I heard from Cindy at American Greetings. The home office is almost done verifying my application so I should be starting work some time soon.

No comments: