CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

AFTER CHRISTMAS

I can't say I have my Christmas things put away "yet". I think this is the longest for me. I should be able to accomplish it today. Yesterday was raining and the bins are actually under the house so I was thankful Audy decided to wait until today. I didn't care to clean up tracked in grass and leaves.
Thursday I made the trip with Rhonda to Atlanta airport to get Matt's little family. They flew to her parents in Kansas for Christmas. And yes, they had a white Christmas....lucky guys.
Katie called that morning to see if I wanted to go with her and the kids to do a run of Meal on Wheels. Audy told her I was going to be gone but he would be glad to go with her. So she came by and picked him up and off they went. He said, they picked up 16 meals over behind Simpsonville's Hillcrest Hospital and directions to 16 homes. What an AWESOME experience for the kids. Even Dawson got to get out one time and go to the door with them.
You can just imagine the reactions of the shut in people's faces when there were 2 smiling children at their door! It was a good lesson for them knowing that there were people around them that are less fortunate then others. Katie also enjoyed sharing the experience with her dad.
Last night Skip and Jessica asked us to go to dinner with them at PF Changs. They wanted to treat me for my up coming birthday. The entrees were wonderful and we totally stuffed ourselves. Skip ordered chocolate cake to share and of course one piece was with a candle!! " Okay mom make a wish"! That wasn't too hard to do and blow out one candle. Thank You kids for the wonderful birthday dinner. Katie and James weren't able to join us so Sunday we are going to Macaroni Grill!!
Jessica had her doctors appointment on Thursday. The Doctor was really pleased with the fact she only gained 2 pounds over a two week stretch and over Christmas. I must say, she was pretty proud of herself too (wish I could say the same for myself). Across the board she had a good report. She is measuring out a little ahead of schedule so Miss Molly Anna may be arriving sooner than they expect....Her next appointment they are going to do an ultrasound to see how much she weighs and go from there.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Wow! I gained more than that this week!