CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Lord is my Sheperd





The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want, He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul . He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalms 23:1-3


I am so thankful for the Lord and that he is my Shepard. I would hate to be alone while in the mist of trials. I am also thankful he has me lie down and rest when Satan would rather I worry. I am thankful I can be calm because he is leading me along when Satan would want me to have waves of anxiety. I am thankful he restores me and lifts me to the highest and gives me great desires to live for him.

Today Audy was laid off from his job. He's been with this company for the last 5 or so years since coming back from Guam. He has put in alot of long hours supervising young men and trying to take care of the depends from those above him. It's been a great burden for him for the last few months and he had been praying that God would show him some directions. Not only has he shown him the way, he's leading him beside them still waters. The sad story is the other 5 people that were laid off do know our Shepard so they must feel so alone.


With all that behind me it was a great day today. The kids arrived with excitement because the Christmas tree was all lit up and they knew the train would be around the tree. They used their bodies to make tunnels for the train to go through and what fun they had.

I made them dinosaur shape peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they ate them off Nana's snowman plates. The best part to them was it was upstairs in the play room.

I had gone up earlier and Jessalyn was all dressed up in her dress up clothes and had Dawson sitting down for a "coffee party". Smart girl, she knows good coffee! We just had a fun day.

She has the cutest shirt on today...read what it says!

1 comment:

jenny said...

I'm sorry about Audy's job, but how wonderful that you two have hope! I love Psalm 23. Those verses have come to mean a lot to me since I've had children.