CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

It is COLD

I have been complaining for several weeks that it's been to warm to think about Christmas. Well I got my wish, IT'S COLD. We were at the Mall last night and I was very suprised to see Santa Claus there already!! I guess he wanted to get a head start!
As I think about Thanksgiving just next week, I can't help but think about the things I am thankful for. The main thing is my LORD and then my family. We all get busy with our day to day things and don't really think about what we are thankful for. We take our health and our families for granted. Little did I know that this time 7 years ago I would loose both my parents. It 's not like they were old! Mom has been with the Lord almost 7 years and Dad 6 years. Just doesn't seem possible.
I am thankful for my grandchildren and their tender hearts. They too are learning what they are thankful for. I got tickled the other day because Dawson decided "turkey" was his favorite word and was calling everyone "turkey". You can ask him,"what does the turkey say"....gobble gobble he says.
It's going to be a quiet Thanksgiving for us this year. We usually spend it with lots of friends and family but this year we will be just family. I am going to set the table with the china and ect. I will post some pictures. It will be the little one's first time using real china so it should be quite fun.
Well, I need to get busy and start my day!! I actually did go into work for a few hours this morning and going back this afternoon to packup the book fair. Then we are going to Matt and LeAnn's for dinner. Grammy will have to share her snuggles with Claire....

1 comment:

jenny said...

Yeah for cold weather! We should have snow here soon.