CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cooking and Sewing with Nana

Jessalyn and Nana had some precious time making one of Great-Grandma Jessie's Peanut Butter Oatmeal no bake cookies. I have started her a recipe file for her own use and especially some of mom's recipes. We used her math skills and I explained what a cup, teaspoon and Tablespoon was. She learned how to measure and read a recipe. She is always helping her mommy in the kitchen and this added to her knowledge.


The end results! She thought that was so neat that the cookies didn't go into the oven!


Next I cut out some quilt squares and had them ready for her to sew together. Her first statement was, "Nana do I get to use a REAL needle". And the answer to that was yes...but let me tell you it's a Cross stitch needle which is a round tip and not sharp!!! She really worked hard and did such a good job. When I was her age my Grandma did this with me on school breaks. I had no clue until she handed me a finished quilt of all the pieces I had put together over the years!

No comments: