CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Bryson 3rd and Jessalyn 1st Grade

Once again God has blessed Bryson and Jessalyn another year of being home schooled with Katie. This is something we don't take for granted and especially the blessing of Katie being a stay at home mom. Thanks James for the hard work you do to provide this privilege.
The first few days were very rough getting them back into a routine. I think Jessalyn had the hardest time. I stopped by on the second day and Katie was ready to throw in the towel and said, "forget it, they are going to school". According to Jessalyn, "it's too hard, I am tired and etc..." Well after an "attitude adjustment" things have gotten better. They go to the Calvary Co-Op on Wednesday so with all three in school it makes for a nice break for Katie on Wednesdays.
Bryson has started his second year of piano and will be moving up to a Classical Book. Katie was telling me she rarely has to remind him that he needs to go and practice. Mr. Garrett says, he's doing very well. It sounds good to me too;-)
I have a few things planned in helping Katie with school and that is a cooking time with Nana. Tuesday will be Jessalyn's turn and we are going to make Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies. And I am going to teach her how to hand sew quilt pieces together just as my grandma did with me.
Bryson will get his turn in a couple of weeks and I am not sure what we will do yet. He's not interested in the kitchen but he needs to learn the math of cooking so we will at least make something yummy!

No comments: