CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWSON


It was 3 years ago today Dawson came into this world. From the moment he took his first breath his Mama and Nana knew there was "something wrong". His cry was very raspy and not clear. The doctor said, "not to worry as he probably took in some fluid". After they moved mommy to her room and Dawson to the nursery I wandered down to watch from the newborn nursery window. There he laid such a big beautiful little boy and a head of hair on him! As I stood and watched his little body fight to breathe my heart became troubled. His rib cage was sinking in like the air was being sucked out of him. I compared him to the other babies in there with him and saw he was the only one doing that. Trying not to "panic" I went back to the room and Katie says, "Mom when are they going to bring me my baby?". I said to James, "lets take the camera and get some pictures first". That was my way to quietly get him out of the room and come and see what I saw. He too agreed with me something wasn't right. He went into the nursery and got someones attention.....long story short he stayed 9 days in NICU (ICU for babies) he had what you call, "Chemical pneumonia".....they pumped him with antibiotic's. For the first two years of his life he suffered alot from asthma but this past year had very few attacks. We PRAISE GOD for his good health...
They had his "CARS" birthday party with slippy slide and wading pool. It was a beautiful evening and the kids had a wonderful time chowing down on hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, of course!

Modeling his new swimsuit! CARS of course! Guess what car is in his hands! McQueen!

Bryson almost like Bambie!! All legs!


This is the "baby pool" for now until the "BIG" pool is build hopefully 2011!

All of his friends and their siblings. He only actually had 2 friends there!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Dawson! My girls will be 3 in 3 months--I guess I should start thinking about potty training them soon, huh? ;)

He sure had a full head of hair at birth! So glad he's a healthy, happy boy. Praise the Lord for our doctors and mama and grandma intuition!

Keri said...

I enjoyed this post, that was quite the story. All I can think to say is, God bless Grandmas!